Iwona Ward of Royal LePage Real Estate Services in Toronto knows first impressions are very important. And this is also true when it comes time to sell your home.
What potential homebuyers see from the curb is how they will first experience your home. If it's not up to par, they could drive on without taking the time to see the interior.
Here are five tips to boost your home's curb appeal:
1. Cut the grass. Seems like a small thing, but unkempt yards could give buyers the impression the rest of your home is being neglected too. Maybe add some flower planters if they're in season.
2. Paint the windows and door. A fresh coat of paint gives an older home a modern look, and painting the trim around windows and your front door is a great way to do it affordably. Don't be afraid to use bold (but tasteful) colours to make your home stand out.
3. Add some lighting. Put some LED/solar lights along the walkway to your front door, or use them to highlight the best features of your property. Not everyone will visit your home during daylight hours.
4. Fix the driveway. You don't want a relationship with a potential buyer to be bumpy. This could literally be the case if you have a driveway that is cracking or heaving. Have it sealed by a reputable contractor.
5. Replace missing shingles. A damaged roof can be a big turnoff to buyers, and they might suspect water damage inside the home. If you haven't repaired your roof in a long time, have a good roofer take a look at it.
These are just some of the easy tips from Iwona that can help you get more for your property!
To find out more about how Iwona can help you join her list of happy home sellers, call her at 416-762-8255. You can also like her Realtor page on Facebook for updates. Iwona's office is located at 2320 Bloor Street West.