Iwona Ward of Royal LePage Real Estate Services in Toronto knows that choosing the right neighbourhood to call your own is sometimes just as tough as finding a great home.
However, here are some factors to help you decide whether the neighbourhood you're looking in will suit your needs:
• Proximity to transit: Consider whether you're a commuter, and if so, how close the nearest transit hub is. If you drive to work, find out how far it is to drive to the highway; otherwise, you could be spending a long time in crosstown traffic.
• Upkeep: What is the general condition of the other homes on the street you're considering? Well-manicured properties with high curb appeal show pride of ownership, and suggest the owners live on-site rather than renters.
• Nearby amenities: If your lifestyle includes hitting the gym or browsing for books for a quiet read, you'll probably want to find out where the closest community centres or libraries are. If you enjoy fine dining, is there a great local eatery?
• Schools: Make sure your new neighbourhood has a reputable school along the bus route (or, better yet, within walking distance). Also double-check to ensure the school has vacancies for new students.
• Investment value: Take a look at market reports to see if property values are rising or stagnant in certain neighbourhoods, if you want to get the best return on your investment.
These are just some of the points to consider when browsing Toronto real estate. Let Iwona help you find a great family home or condo in the city!
To find out more about how Iwona can help you join her list of happy homebuyers, or how to successfully sell a home, call her at 416-762-8255. You can also like her Realtor page on Facebook for updates. Iwona's office is located at 2320 Bloor Street West.