Twenty individuals, organizations and one business were honoured recently by LAMP Community Health Centre with its 13th annual Awards of Merit.
LAMP held its annual awards ceremony on June 5 on the lawn outside the Fifth Street centre, complete with barbecue, face painting, The Etobicoke Jazz Band and South Etobicoke Youth Assembly dancers.
The honour roll recognized a broad spectrum of people who go beyond the call of duty to help to enrich the community through small acts of kindness, sharing their time, talents and efforts to help others and working tirelessly to serve the community.
The awards recognize the people who make a difference in the Lakeshore.
Awards of Merit 2012 recipients are:
* Jeanne Robinson, community volunteer
* Rochelle D'Souza, Lakeshore Arts/Youth Advisory Mimico Library
* Zakerie Farah, South Etobicoke Youth Assembly/Lakeshore Collegiate Institute Student Council
* Connie Reese, community volunteer
* Hot Lunch Program, James S. Bell Junior Middle School (group)
* Women's Committee, CAW Local 1459
* Marcia Gordon, LAMP volunteer/church volunteer/community volunteer
* Cherilyn Scobie, Lakeshore Collegiate Institute vice-principal
* Bruce McKay, Gatehouse volunteer
* Brian MacKay, community volunteer
* Reach for the Rainbow, community organization
* Bruce Davis, community volunteer
* Frank Horvat, Lakeshore Arts' board
* Alan Roy, community volunteer
n Mary Bella, Mimico Community Children's Choir
* Jeremy Sale, Lakeshore Arts
* Jacqueline Wilkinson, youth blogger/community volunteer
* Arden Lambe, community volunteer
* Giovenco Shoes and Repair (business)
* Storefront Humber Inc. (organization)