PetSmart Charities of Canada is hosting a National Adoption Weekend at PetSmart stores Friday, Nov. 11 to Sunday, Nov. 13.
PetSmart put together a list of reasons to adopt a furry family member well before the holiday season:
• Adopting a pet in November means you’ve already knocked off one of the most wanted items on your gift list;
• Adopting in November means more focused attention, and your pet will be a seasoned pro by the time the holiday festivities begin;
• Our pets are part of our families, so including them in traditions like dinners, opening presents or even going for snowy walks can bring more joy - not to mention upping the cuteness factor of holiday photos;
• We all know the holidays can sometimes include overindulging, but playing hide and seek with a new kitten or going for walks with a new dog can help pet parents – and kids – develop healthy habits while bonding with your pet;
• Thousands of healthy, loving, adoptable pets are currently in shelters across the country.
November is also Adopt a Senior Pet Month.
To find a PetSmart visit http://www.petsmart.ca/ or call 1-877-473-8762.