Now that the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) is officially open, Torontonians have the chance to taste some of the most innovative carnival concoctions available. But that can also mean extremely long lines. What, did you think you were the only one who wanted to try the churro burger?
Luckily, the chance to skip the line altogether is back this year and with double the options.
"The CNE, and specifically the Food Building, is notorious for its long lineups. It's common for people to try out several different food vendors, which adds up to a lot of time spent in lines," said Kabir Daswani, founder of Grabb Mobile Inc.
"Our goal at Grabb is to help people save time and skip the line, so this year we are back with over double the selection of vendors. We hope to eliminate the tedious food line-ups, so that people can spend more time enjoying the best of what the CNE has to offer."
The app also allows users to pre-order and pre-pay for their food so all they need to do is head to the Grabb App pickup sign and dig in. To help get more familiar with the time-saving app, here are the top five things you need to know about bypassing the line fast enough to hit up more than one vendor at a time.
1. Grabb provides express-lane access to more than 30 top food vendors at the CNE, including most recent raves: Epic Burgers & Waffles, Philthy Philly's, SU & BU, and Bouchard's Poutinery.
2. Guests save on average of 23 minutes of wait time with Grabb, the company says.
3. Grabb provides real-time updates about an order, so guests know exactly when to pick up their food.
4. Grabb just launched Happy Hour, an exclusive feature that lets customers see real-time promotions and get instant savings on the app. Look out for random Happy Hour pop-ups during the CNE.
5. Guests can discover the most popular food and see what's trending at the CNE on the Explore section of the app.
Another app getting in on the CNE action and eliminating the long lines is Foodora, which is offering delivery straight to your door. So, if you’re craving something from Bacon Nation and there isn’t a food truck in insight you’re in luck. It’s offering up CNE inspired foods from vendors participating in the fair this year such as the Notorious P.I.G from Bacon Nation, Fran’s Triple Decker Reuben, The Jurassic Junkie Thin Crust Pizza, Junked Food Co, the Don’t Even Go There Old School and The Lord Cheesus from OM Grilled Cheese.
The Grabb app is available for download on the App Store, Google Play Store and BlackBerry App World.
Foodora is available on Google Play and iOS App stores.