The Etobicoke Humane Society (EHS) is currently seeking volunteers for its dog team.
Volunteers must love dogs, be at least 16 years of age, and be willing to commit to the same weekly shift for a minimum of six months.
There are three daily shifts available: the morning shift from 8 a.m. to noon, the afternoon shift from 1 to 5 p.m., and the evening shift from 6 to 9 p.m.
EHS is currently in need of volunteers for weekday morning and afternoon, and weekend shifts.
As a member of EHS’s dog team, volunteer tasks include:
- cleaning and maintaining areas in the dog shelter
- walking, feeding and providing basic training to dogs
- providing mental exercise through training and play
- introducing prospective adoptive families to dogs when on shift
- following EHS procedures and policies
Anyone interested in volunteering is asked to email email@example.com with the subject line: Dog Team Volunteer. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for EHS to respond to inquiries.
To learn more about EHS and other volunteering opportunities, go to www.etobicokehumanesociety.com