Have an opinion about Toronto’s future casino?
Attend one of five City of Toronto casino consultations this month and learn more about the consultation process, join discussions on key topics, speak with city staff and provide input.
All Torontonians — whether they attend a community discussion or not — are encouraged to fill out the online feedback form at https://surveys.dpra.com/casino/CasinoSurvey.aspx
Residents may drop in anytime to any of the following casino consultation sessions:
* Wednesday, Jan. 9: Toronto City Hall, Rotunda, 100 Queen St. W. from 6 to 9 p.m.
* Saturday, January 12: North York Memorial Hall, 5110 Yonge St., 1 to 4 p.m.
* Monday, January 14: Etobicoke Olympium Gymnasium, 590 Rathburn Rd., 6 to 9 p.m.
* Thursday, January 17: Scarborough Civic Centre Rotunda, 150 Borough Dr., 6 to 9 p.m.
* Saturday, January 19: Bluma Appel Salon Reference Library, 789 Yonge St., 1 to 4 p.m.
The deadline for public input is Jan. 25.
City manager Joe Pennachetti will receive consultation findings to assist in preparation of his report to the city’s executive committee. That committee will consider the possible establishment of a casino in Toronto at its meeting on March 20.
A report on the public’s comments will also be made available on the city’s website at www.toronto.ca at that time.
Consultation follows an executive committee request to the city manager for public input on the possible establishment of a casino in Toronto.