Toronto police announced Thursday, Nov. 22, afternoon that they have charged a second man, Nahom Tsegazab, with murder in the Danzig Street mass shooting.
Shyanne Charles, 14, and Joshua Yasay, 23, were killed July 16 during a street party at the townhouse complex by Morningside and Lawrence avenues during what police say was an exchange of gunfire between members of the Galloway Boys street gang and rivals from Malvern.
Bullets fired at the party also wounded another 23 people.
Days after the shooting, Nahom Tsegazab, 19, one of those wounded in the incident, was charged with reckless discharge of a firearm.
At a news conference Thursday, police, who have identified Tsegazab as a Galloway Boy, said he had been arrested again and had appeared that morning in a Scarborough courtroom, charged with two counts of second-degree murder, attempted murder and 22 counts of aggravated assault.
Two weeks ago, police charged Shaquan Mesquito, 18, allegedly a member of the Malvern Crew, with two counts of first-degree murder, attempted murder and 23 counts of aggravated assault.
Police at the news conference said Tsegazab is one of two men previously depicted in composite sketches and wanted for questioning in the shooting.
The man depicted in the second sketch, known by the street name Juvi, is still sought.
“We continue to request the public’s assistance identifying this man by name so that we can speak to him to establish his role at the event,” a news release said.
Police “have reason to believe that there are at minimum one or two more shooters involved in this investigation” that have not been charged, the release added.
In September, police said five to six shooters are believed to have involved on July 16 and five firearms had been recovered “in relation” to the shooting.